Create a cozy vibe in your luxury apartment with these helpful tips and tricks
As temperatures continue to drop, it’s natural to stay in and not leave your apartment as often, which is why it’s so important to create a space that you love. Luckily, there are countless ways to add warmth to your luxury apartment, even if the temperature outside is below zero.
Your home should be somewhere you feel completely relaxed and comfortable. No matter its size, putting in the effort to make your space cozy can instantly boost your mood and help you relax, ultimately leading to more productivity.
Finding Coziness in your Luxury Apartment
Mixing cozy with luxury isn’t impossible. To transform your luxury apartment into a warm space, use texture.
- Faux fur is a classic texture to make any room feel instantly welcoming. It’s soft and inviting, but also gives a luxurious, high-end feel. Find a comfy fur blanket or throw pillow to add to your living space. If you want to make more of a statement, consider a fur rug or armchair.
- Marble is another sleek texture that can easily be added to your apartment. Adding a marble coffee table or vase can give the space a luxurious and neutral vibe.
- Rugs are a simple way to easily add texture into your space, especially because hardwood floors can sometimes make a room feel cold and dark. To make your living space appear bigger, use a light-colored, large area rug.
- Plants make an area come to life. Adding greenery to your apartment can give the illusion of the outdoors. Considering the bitter winter weather, using fake plants may be in your favor.
- Mix materials to add warmth to your new apartment home. Using a variety of materials can create a pleasant and comfortable space. Play around with wood, tin, wicker, velvet, and brass, just to name a few.
Adding Texture to your One-Bedroom Apartment
Textures can do a lot for a space. Knowing where to begin decorating and adding texture to your luxury apartment can feel overwhelming, but it’s easier than you think. The secret is to create diversity with the objects in your space. Try layering different textiles, materials, and colors.
- Layering is the key to adding texture. Utilizing an array of colors in your space can add dimension, which overall produces a homey feel. If mixing a bunch of colors isn’t quite your style, that’s okay too. Using the entire spectrum of one color scheme can have the same effect and prevent a space from feeling cold.
- Go beyond accent pieces. Incorporating texture into your space isn’t just about adding a new throw pillow or blanket. Try including lamps, rugs and wall art of various textures.
- Add visual weight. Incorporating rough and coarse textures, like wood or terracotta, adds visual weight that instantly makes the room feel cozier. Consider adding a wood coffee table to your new apartment home for a warm finish.
- When decorating your new apartment home, use trending textures. This not only helps you stay up to date with the current fads, but gives your home a sense of modernism.
- Acknowledge what you already have. Make sure to account for the elements already present in your space when creating contrast in an area. To create a good balance, it’s vital to ensure that you don’t have too much of the same material or color.
- Don’t be afraid to mix. Mixing materials can seem frightening at first, so experiment with different elements, and start small. Give yourself time to try out your newly decorated space, and change things as necessary.
Decorating your New Apartment Home
There are many ways to decorate for winter and add warmth to your luxury apartment. Making small changes can change the entire ambiance of your space.
- Make sure to have plenty of cozy blankets. Blankets are essential for staying nice and warm in the winter, but can also be used to make your space feel warmer. Make a space feel complete by adding them to your bedroom or living area. Try out using blankets of different materials, like knitted wool or faux fur, to verify what works best for your apartment.
- Use a cozy scent. One of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to make your apartment feel immediately cozier is to purchase a plug-in scent warmer with a relaxing, warm smell. Cinnamon, vanilla, and balsam scents can make your apartment feel extra homey on those cold winter days.
- Replace your light bulbs with warm light. Some light bulbs produce a bright, true white color. To give your apartment home a cozier feel, switch your light bulbs to ones that appear soft white or warm yellow instead.
- Play a fireplace video on the TV. Many apartment homes don’t feature a built-in fireplace. An easy substitute for this, that still gives the same cozy effect, is finding a video of a fake one online. While you aren’t feeling the warmth of an actual fireplace, the visual of one can make you feel more relaxed.
New Apartments for Rent in Your Area
WaterSide Residences on Quivira, located in Lenexa, Kansas, provides you with the perfect apartment home to transform into your cozy den this winter. We offer multiple floor plans, so our professional management team is sure to find you a spacious, luxury apartment home that fits your needs.
Come visit us at 8201 Quivira Road to tour our amazing new apartments for rent.